Sunday, February 21, 2010

Reason!!!

So I think I have got a few things settled in my mind. First of all let me be clear I know I am 21 and have an awful lot of life ahead of me. I mean half of my like ago I was still in elementary school. I realize that I really have nothing to worry about in the realm of marriage and jobs, its just been frustrating and I feel safe venting here. Thanks for that.

But this week I have kinda just let go of it all. Minus the school/career thing, that kinda wont go away. But Last Sunday i had an ah ha moment. I am here right now where I am and in the Singles ward because other people need me there.

I showed up early to church last week, for no reason, I just got ready early. I sat on the couch and a girl I am friends with proceeded to tell me her trials and her difficulty coming to church. I think she really needed to hear what I had to say and she needed my love for her and my support. It felt good to know the Lord put me in a path so i can be there to help his sheep. I did not even realize it was the spirit helping me make the choices I did that morning. Which also makes me so glad I study the gospel Sunday Mornings and that I read my scriptures daily and pray daily, so i CAN help those who need help.

Then this week I have really just felt I needed to give another friend of my a little extra care. Little did I know she has been struggling with a huge trial in her life, and I was able to go over to her house today, spend time with her and really connect with her and show her how much i care. i love it. This is what I love to do. Listen and Talk. I give great advice, I can just never find it for myself. lol.

But I cant help but feel I need to be here now to help them and whomever else the Lords needs me to be there for. Its always great when you find meaning and it makes it easier to let go of the other frustrations, because you know you are needed right now right where you are.

Thanks!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the Spirit! You are definitely needed in the Singles Ward. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christ said that we will find ourselves when we lose ourselves in service. Good for you for finding a piece of yourself this past weekend! Speaking as someone who really needed good friends back in the single's ward, and who couldn't always find them, I know what a difference that can make in someone's life. There are so many people in the single's ward who need you - your testimony, your example of obedience, and your friendship. Look around and find someone who looks more lost or frustrated than you, and reach out to them. You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete