Well I have been on my couch quite ill for 7 days now. In short.....it was horrific!
Granted I did watch BBC's Robin Hood, Say Yes to the Dress, and a million movies. I would like to bless those people at netflix who made my week at least bearable!!
In this week of down time I did some thinking. It might have been some delusional fever thinking but lets go with it ;)
What I really want to do is write, but for some reason I have felt I have to have to have a good job and pay off stuff and make decent money (decent money for me would really only require 10-12 dollars an hour). I have had several people tell me to pursue my dream and to write because I do not really have the need for too much right now. To be honest I dont think I realized I had dreams. My dream was to get a bachelors degree and i did that... now what? Then as I was watching these movies of people going to wondrous places and people writing (apparently I like movies that incorporate my hidden dreams) that those are things I want to do but dont think are actually possible ARE my dreams!! In fact they are not so impossible, people do them everyday! So far my list is very short, but I like lists that I think are actually possible.
1. Write a book and get it published.
2. Travel to London, Italy, Scotland, and Ireland.
3. Experience falling in love.
In my wild dream I would love to write a book that would be geared toward teenagers (I have already started writing it) and be a speaker to youth like at an EFY or something. Not sure that will ever happen but I decided having a dream is my first step at fulfilling it.
My first steps towards these goals will be to keep writing that book and to look into passports. How can i be spontaneous and leave the country when I do not have proper documentation?
Here is to me realizing some dreams!!!
maybe Scotland is not a requirement.... I think Ireland sounds better!
Sunday, February 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds great, Wendy! You should have a fever more often! ;)
ReplyDeleteawwww those are awesome dreams and I know you can fulfill all of them!!! Gooooo wendy! And don't forget dream #4 to do a special little dance number at my wedding someday! love you!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely dreams worth pursuing! You can do it Wendy! I highly suggest doing the traveling before you get married.
ReplyDelete