Friday, July 24, 2009

The Grocery Store

So I do not normally go to the grocery store. I either go to Walmart or have my mom go get it. Well since my dad takes the truck to his job now, I drive my mom around places. Normally we go to walmart and my dad takes her to the other places later, but because dinner required a place like Frys, that is where I took my mom today. Lets address my outfit first. After cleaning my room and such in the morning I prepared to look decently cute. Wearing a cute shirt, rolled up to the knee capris, and to new low heels that needed breaking in. I have no make up on and do not look overly amazing, just kinda cute. Well upon getting out of the car I was stared at. My mom even told me she was ready to hit the guy with her purse if he dared say anything. Then getting a cart I was stared at by another worker type guy in a truck. I was already feeling kind of weird. Well as I pushed the cart in heels (and my mom is weaving in and out of places in which i should get rewarded for being able to follow her with heels), I started thinking. The only guys who are here are probably older and single. Guys my age probably shop at walmart, just order pizza, or shop later in the day, not on a friday. So basically I feel like prey or like I am going to be stared at by these guys. Now some of it might have been in my head, but there was noticing at least going on. I felt watched. Now this is all flattering, but I dont think this is the crowd I am going for. Now the high schoolish aged kid who smiled at me as I left did not make me feel weird, but by that point I did not want to look at any guy directly. So if I feel the need to be oogled I will go shopping in heels friday afternoons at Frys. Until I feel that need I will go shopping frumpy looking, when food shopping. This was an interesting experience I felt I needed to share. Thanks for listening.

1 comment: